Make Your Site SELL!
The Definitive Work On
Making Any Web Site Sell
The Book That Was Coined
"The BIBLE Of Selling On The Net"
Is Now FREE!
Seven volumes, over 1,500 pages...
It's our gift to you!
Skip to the bottom and download. First, a little background...
When Make Your Site SELL! (MYSS!) launched in 1999, it was instantly coined "The BIBLE of selling on the Net. MYSS! debuted at the low price of $17.
It really was the BIBLE of selling online. Praised universally, it has sold well over 100,000 copies, all through the sitesell.com site.
Way back in 1999, when MYSS! was first launched, the book's "Read Me First" file said, "never has it been so cheap and possible to build a business."
It continued by saying, "Search Engines are still great bargains. You'll never get a better chance to attract free, targeted traffic."
That remains true today, more so than ever. If you know the "how and what," you can still make magic happen (see video to the right).
"Read Me First" was prophetic in other ways, too. It implored the reader to "do more than read. Use the information. If you apply the lessons well, you will succeed."
And that was the beginning of SBI!. Why?
Because most people, most Webmasters even, cannot actually overcome all the technical aspects of building a successful online business. Sure, it is cheap-quick-easy to put up a site. Anyone can do that today.
But what then?
Instant gratification is followed by slow, expensive failure, due to an inability to drive traffic. In other words... no business.
That is why MYSS! 2002 was the final update. People need more than information, even if it's the best.
So MYSS! 2002 evolved into SBI!.
I guess you could say that MYSS! and MYSS! 2002 were the e-volutionary equivalents of "Cro-Magnon Man." Remarkable in their time, those two editions of MYSS! launched many successful Net marketing careers.
But the "Big 3" (described in MYSS!) evolved into a fuller, more powerful process that became known as....
And SBI! not only evolved the theory of succeeding online, it included all the tools needed for anyone to be able to execute the C T P M process.
SBI! uses technology to make all the barriers disappear and empower Webmasters and small business people to build businesses.
Please enjoy this free download. MYSS! 2002 still contains a great amount of evergreen information and fundamentally sound ways to think about selling online.
But there is much more to building a business than "The Big 3" and selling.
For that, evolve to SBI!. SBI! is the only product in the world that enables small business people to succeed.
This fun little video (right), created by an SBI! customer, says it all.
Click here for more videos by other "SBIers" explaining what SBI! means to them.
All the best,
P.S. There's no need to "sell" you on a free download, of course. But we've left the original sales site up, partly out of sentimentality and partly in case you're interested.
Master The Big 3 Of Product, Site-Selling, And Traffic-Building
And There's Simply No Way To Fail.
Your Web site either makes the sale, or it doesn't. Ninety-nine out of a hundred sites still don't get the order.
We blame that on suspicious, scared Web-consumers.
SITE-SELL, No Matter What...
"MYSS! 2002 takes OVER-delivering to a whole new level."
Allan Gardyne is considered THE authority on affiliate programs. His Associate Programs Newsletter is read by prime movers in the industry. Allan comments...
"I feel far more comfortable with Ken Evoy and his affiliate program than I have with anyone else I've been involved with on the Net. Even if you've read EVERY other marketing book out there, you'll still find original, useful, new content in Ken's book.
MYSS! 2002 takes OVER-delivering to a whole new level. It is absolutely superb - the essential manual for anyone selling anything on the Net."
Associate Programs Newsletter
Don't miss Allan's comments about our 5 Pillar Affiliate Program. http://affiliates.sitesell.com/
No matter what you offer on the Web, your site must SELL! Are you selling digital goods like software, video games, or info-products? Do you sell freezers to Eskimos (to store the ice you sold them), or other hard-good widgets?
Got a store with dozens, hundreds, even thousands of items to sell?
Think there's no way you could sell hamburgers on the Web? Why not use your site to sell visitors on registering for digital discount coupons for your special of the month?! Just print and present one to the restaurant nearest you!
Maybe you're looking to expand regional sales into global distribution? Or do you want to generate leads for your OEM business? Are you considering adding an online profit-center to take advantage of your existing offline store's infrastructure (1-800 number, warehouse, inventory, database, etc.)? A no-brainer... if you do it right!
Or... has your own profitable Web site just been a dream until now? Well, everyone's an expert on something!
Think! Brainstorm a little. Can you offer...
- world-class consulting services on your special area of expertise?
- special travel services, like bike tours through the Andes?
- unique info-products, based on knowledge from your job or hobby?
- Multi-national corporation? Entrepreneur with an idea?
It doesn't matter. Here's the bottom line..
No matter what you want your Web site to sell, Make Your Site SELL! 2002 (MYSS! 2002) shows you how, like no other book or program ever has. When you use the battle-proven strategies in this digital book, you will attract motivated, targeted customers to your Web site. Then you will sell them.
If you already have a Web site, MYSS! 2002 will show you how to eliminate all the problems that are killing your sales.
If you don't have a Web site yet, terrific! No errors to correct. MYSS! 2002 will show you how to convert a blank piece of digital paper into a site that truly sells.
It's All Under Your Control
Launching a Web business is far simpler than a real-world business. To succeed in a Web-based venture, you only have to make good on three STEPS, each one directly under your control...
- Develop a great product -- position it for Web sales.
- Build a site that really sells.
- Attract targeted traffic to the site.
If you master The Big 3 your Web biz must succeed. Why?... Because there are no other variables.
Here are two simple examples of everyday people who mastered the Big 3 by following MYSS!...
Yes, if you master the BIG 3, you will succeed. Of course, the catch is that you must succeed at all three!
MYSS! 2002 Masters the Big 3
"We made a few changes... and were able to save a horse farm...
I'm a big fan of Make Your Site Sell from way back. My old UnclaimedDomains.com site was a confusing mess until I read your ebook. I built sales up to $30,000 a month. My site eventually became so popular, internet.com acquired it last March for a tidy sum.
Because of that, my wife and I were able to buy a 312 acre horse farm in Kentucky that was about to be bulldozed for a subdivision. Did you ever imagine that your little ebook would have that sort of effect on the world?"
President, Websites, Inc.
"Without your help...
Our little business took in just under $15,000 last week, and without your help Julie and I would never had achieved that. Here's the important part - without your obvious sincerity and graciousness, I would never have read (let alone implemented) the MYSS! principles all those years ago."
President & CEO,
Deliver The Promise
Originally, we intended to market three completely separate books, one for each critical STEP. But it was simply too important that you get all 3 STEPS right. It's just too messy to take one idea from here and a bit from there.
To truly succeed, you need a comprehensive, cohesive approach that works.
We include it all in MYSS! 2002. There was simply no ethical alternative -- think of it this way, mastery of any single STEP would be useless without the other two pieces of the puzzle. For example... Got a bad product, but a great sales-site and solid traffic? You'll be a short-lived opportunist, at best.
Or, do you have a killer site and a wonderful product... but no traffic? You're equally finished. No doubt about it. If you want to generate significant Web sales you must fit all three pieces together perfectly! You must excel at all three STEPS. So the MYSS! 2002 package includes it all, mastery of all three STEPS...
- Product development, positioning, and testing -- Little has been written on this all-important topic. Thoroughly track-tested-and-proven, this digital volume explains it all in simple and practical terms.
- Site-selling -- "Experts" (writers who've never sold anything) have written books on site design, on technical implementations, and on countless other e-commerce topics. But this is the first and only comprehensive book that says, from actual experience...
Here... Here is exactly how to make your site SELL!
- Traffic-building -- There has been a ton of literature on this, most of it wrong or 2-3 years behind-the-times. This book narrows it down to what works, and how to accomplish it in the real world, now. Equally important, it steers you away from all the time-wasting strategies that are so widely marketed.
That's great, only 3 STEPS to master but exactly how do you succeed at them???
How to Absolutely Nail the Big 3
First, Develop a Great Product...
Of The Big 3 (product, site-selling, traffic-building), product is the most controllable. You either have a good product or you don't. If your product is poor, or wrong for the Web, you have two choices...
Drop it and get a new one... a great one.
Improve it or reposition it so that it's right for the Web. Whatever you do, don't try to get away with selling a bad product on the Web. First, it's just not ethical. But also, your life will be a misery of e-mail bombs and people spreading the word. And it just doesn't spread any faster than on the Internet!
The 77-page volume on products for the Web covers...
1) Great Products that SELL on the Web.
This discusses the highest potential products/product categories. Topics include...
- The Best Digital & Knowledge-Based Goods
- Hard Goods... Only Certain Kinds
- Where to find products?
- So What's Selling Now? And what's not?
2) 16-Point Product Evaluation Checklist
Is your product appropriate for sale on the Web? How to evaluate, and re-position, your products for Web-worthiness.
3) How to Develop Your Own Products
If you control your product, you control everything. (And if knowledge is your product, learn how to develop an e-book... one that sells!)
4) Bad Products -- Why Bother?
With endless opportunities out there, why do it wrong? Repeat sales are the key to success. You don't get repeat sales if you sell bad products.
5) Setting the Price...
- Your pricing decision can make or break you...
- How and Why to Price High
- How and Why to Price Low
6) How to Test A Product, Free!
Need a quick and free way to test-market your product on the Web, free? Be sure before launching a full rollout.
7) Ways to scope out your competition!
How to get the dirt on competitors you know about... and gain insights from competitors you don't know about yet. Equally important, how to do it without tipping your own hand. Plus, other business intelligence sources that help you keep detailed tabs on your industry.
8) How to make yourself the product.
Do you run an affiliate site? A news, entertainment or service site? Learn how to PREsell your visitors, convince them of your judgement and value, and set up the sale without jumping the gun.
And... what if you sell lots of products? What if your site is a store? If you have a storeful of products...
Make Your Store Sell!
Whether you're selling any number of items in a full-fledged online store, or marketing them in an add-on part of your Web site, this essential section will bring you right up to date on what every store owner needs to know.
Here are highlights from this volume's 90 pages...
- Single-product and multi-product stores are the same, but different. No matter how many items you market, your store is the overall product... to a customer, it's the first thing you need to sell! But to actually get the order, you also need to adjust your techniques a bit.
- Product sourcing. If you already have a wonderful product line, great! But if you're looking for suppliers to build, expand and improve your inventory... walk this way.
- Using and improving your photos. Properly displaying your products makes them shine! Help your shoppers inspect the goods. If you don't have photos, there's an answer for that, too.
- How to shop for your shopping cart. Options for small stores, other options for large. And a checklist of sales-maximizing features every store's software or service provider should have.
- Writing and organizing words that sell, sell, sell. No, not the pushy kind of sell, sell, sell. Your words need to make the products intriguing. They have to act like a personal salesperson. That includes knowing when to walk up to the customer, what to say (and how much). How to nurture customer interest. And everything else it takes to close the sale.
- Design and usability
Confused customers don't buy. Learn how to optimize your site's navigation to make it flow to the sale! Recognize obstacles and remove them, present more product, and avoid the sales-killing screw-ups that even some major marketers make. Remember, ultimately your store concept is your product! Make it easy to use.
Which brings us to the next Big Step...
Once you've got a great product, it's time to build a site to SELL it...
... your Web site! It's the make it or break it step.
MYSS! 2002 is jammed with battlefield-proven, deeply tested strategies for making your site SELL! No shoulds or coulds by authors who've never sold a thing on the Web. MYSS! 2002 works! It doesn't matter whether you work at Microsoft or out of your clothes closet while in your pajamas, this book will drive your site's sales power. It will convert visitors into buyers.
MYSS! 2002 covers it all... everything. Here are just a few of the most important topics, expanded and updated to include the best resources and data from the field right now...
- How to set your Most Wanted Response
- Developing Trust and Likeability
- How to write powerful, compelling sales copy, starting with your biggest gun
- Building a tight, simple-to-use, easy-to-navigate site
- Two critical sales-builders -- designing testimonial and guarantee pages that convince
- Digital fulfillment -- selling downloads such as e-books, reports, data, music, with ease and security!
- How to structure an irresistible path to your Closer Page, and close that sale... NOW!
And MYSS! 2002 doesn't stop once you're about to get the order. Your relationship with your customer is really just beginning. There's still so many other factors to get just right if you want to grow your biz into the big leagues.
So, to complete the job, you'll become expert in the ins and outs of...
- The nuts and bolts of getting paid... includes detailed, practical, in-the-trenches info on how to get a merchant credit card account, get paid, and avoid chargebacks/frauds. Practical ways to get paid without a merchant account. And how to take cards without getting taken.
- Setting backup responses -- always have a backup plan for getting the order!
- How to set up and run a newsletter single-handed... including building the all-important quality subscriber list
- How to constantly experiment your way to large sales increases -- includes a checklist for quadrupling your sales, no matter how much you're selling now!
- Using Power E-mail to close the sale
- The critical secrets of great after-sales support. How to delight your customers, so they rate you 10-out-of-10. Customer Relationship Management software? Learn where to find it. And why it's no substitute for building customer delight by hand.
- Simple, cheap ways to automate and still stay personal... at the same time!
- Case-study analysis of great sites that sell -- borrow from the best!
- Advice from other entrepreneurs succeeding in the real world
Bottom Line? When you finish reading this book, you will know how to make your site SELL!
Naturally, once you have a great product, and a super site that SELLS that product, all that's left is traffic-building. Easy, right? Nope!... but definitely do-able...
Third, Build Traffic...
There are hundreds of books related to Web sales -- I own 'em all. I also subscribe to every imaginable Web marketing/promotion and Web sales newsletter and e-zine. I tried more ways to bring targeted traffic to my first site than I care to think about. Most of what is written in those books is, to be kind, extremely time-inefficient.
OK, OK, let's be blunt... Most of the strategies were huge time-wasters.
Don't get me wrong. Through time-sucking trial-and-error, I did manage to build traffic to a few thousand hits per week. This was the only way to discover what works... and what does not. Luckily, you won't have to do that! Because, starting from scratch, I have just about tried it all. Once I discovered what worked, I added my own original wrinkles, and perfected the process.
That's when traffic really started to soar. From struggling along at 3,000 hits per week, traffic rocketed to 50-60,000 hits per week... with a quarter of the effort it took to reach the 3,000 hit plateau. What's more, my process has staying power... That first site of mine still generates 50,000 hits per week, even though I have long since stopped doing any work on traffic!
Sales, of course, increased proportionately, because my methods attracted only targeted customers... people with an interest in what I was selling.
And what about our own site, here at SiteSell.com?
Within months, SiteSell.com was receiving more than 1 million hits per week. Within a year, it was broadly acknowledged as the Net's #1 site on our subject, and traffic continues to grow. (As you'll see, hits and visitors are different, but we use the widely quoted hits stat for consistency -- either way, it's heavy traffic!).
How'd it get so big, so fast? Simple... just followed my own advice from the book. MYSS! 2002 is not theory -- it really works.
This traffic-building book reveals it all. You'll discover how to build targeted traffic in the most time-and-money-efficient ways possible. It covers all of the most effective online methods for building traffic. And it targets the best bang-for-your-buck offline ways, too. I devote special attention to the single most important traffic-building method of all...
The Search Engines.
This digital book shows you, step-by-step, exactly how to attract motivated, interested customers to your site... cleanly, simply, deadly-effectively, ethically. And, in such a way that even the most sensitive, stringent Search Engine won't object.
Actually, they'll love the way you do it.
It's so crammed with absolutely essential traffic-building information, that I just couldn't edit it down. It's a book in itself, and, as several beta-readers have remarked... it alone is worth many times the price of the entire package! Many readers still think I'm nuts not to sell it separately. But I wanted to complete the Big 3 (product, site-selling, traffic-building) ... give you everything you need for Web success.
Here's a quick look at just a few of the traffic-building topics...
- Search Engines (SEs). It amazes me -- 90% of what you read about keywords and SEs will be just plain wrong -- and another 9% will only be partially right! When I view the source code of 99% of all Web pages, I am stunned to see how badly they structure their pages.
The SE chapters discuss in detail how to generate keywords and how to use them to drive targeted traffic to your site. Forget the theory -- this is full of nitty-gritty how to info. I even include an example of a fully engine-optimized page, HTML code and all!
I guarantee that you're not doing any of these techniques. Or that the sly stuff your nephew suggested a few years ago doesn't cut it with Search Engines anymore (maybe never did), and could even be hurting you now!
What you need to know -- about theme-based rankings, pay-per-inclusion, pay-per-click, how to get an affiliate site listed, directories, the latest methods of keyword brainstorming and placement... you'll soon know what all these mean to your site, and how to make them work for you -- because all this and more is covered in MYSS! 2002.
Master this info and you will join the 1% who know how to work with the SEs to build traffic.
- Yahoo! Getting evaluated by Yahoo! is easier these days, IF you pay them $200 (although, as MYSS! 2002 shows, there are still some ways to get listed free). But that also makes it easier to blow $200. Why? Well, for one thing, paying Yahoo! still doesn't mean they will list you. And for another, if you don't like your listing, it's still practically impossible to get it modifed.
Actually, we have managed to convince Yahoo! to modify a listing, and in MYSS! 2002 I show you how. But one thing about Yahoo! is the same as ever -- it's far, far (far) better to do it right, from the very start!
- Affiliate Programs. How and when to use an affiliate program.
This is not for everyone -- but if your product is right for it, a well-designed, fair program will shoot your business through the roof. As author of what has been called the single best affiliate-support e-zine on the Net, I know a few things about this subject... so you will know them, too.
- Viral Marketing. Its effects grow fast -- geometrically -- epidemically! What is it, exactly? It's hard to do perfectly, that's what. While many people try to come up with a truly effective viral marketing technique, few people achieve it, and there are no guarantees. But learn the Five Pivotal Principles of viral marketing, and you'll do pretty well at it. And nearly perfect is sure better than... all wrong!
- Other Online and Offline Traffic Building Winners. Again, hard experience and original experiments will show you how to build traffic online and off. There are methods here that have not been revealed before ... anywhere!
- Absolute Time-Wasters. Read about the absolute time-wasters and save yourself months of poorly spent time. There's no point in you going down the same dead-ends that I took! There is so much theoretical information out there. Most of it sounds good. But your time-spent will not justify the negligible, low-quality traffic increase. I explain why these are boondoggles... for any product.
The traffic-building book completes the package. From developing a great product, to building a site that SELLS, to bringing targeted traffic into your site, you will be in complete control of your Web destiny.
So What Does MYSS! Cover, Exactly?
Not sure whether MYSS! 2002 can really show you how to sell on the Net?
Here's everything that's in the revised MYSS! 2002 volumes...
- Product, Table of Contents -- how to develop and position products for the Web.
- Make Your Store Sell!, Table of Contents -- the new volume, specifically about multi-product online stores.
- Site-Selling, Table of Contents -- how to make a site that convinces visitors to buy.
- Traffic-Building, Table of Contents -- how to attract targeted traffic to your site.
How Can You Deliver So Much For so Little?
It's my favorite question!
The answer is simple -- I love to share what I have learned. I have taught medical students and lectured trauma surgeons... coached baseball players and a golf pro... even mentored a startup toy manufacturer in Hong Kong. Here's my biography.
Up to now, I have mostly worked one-on-one with extremely talented individuals. This time is different. This time...
My goal is to put original, practical, top-quality information into the hands of as many motivated people as possible. Why? Because, for the foreseeable future, the average person can still succeed on the Web.
We're in the midst of a unique time in mankind's history. Never has it been so cheap and so possible to build your own business and change your life.
Sure, if I were to sell MYSS! 2002 for $500, it would still be worth every penny (read the testimonials -- readers say that it's worth 20 times its cost!). But a $500 price tag would restrict it to those who probably do not need it...
... those who already have the money to pay such large sums without blinking.
That's not what motivates me. I deeply want you to grab the biggest entrepreneurial brass ring that this world has ever seen. Do it... do it now... in just a few short years, the cost of entry will be much, much higher.
MYSS! 2002 was a major overhaul of the original... 7 volumes, 1500 pages. The price increased to $29.95. Raves hit new levels... "state of the Net for online selling." MYSS! continued to OVERdeliver as no one had seen before.
You should see a file ("myss2002free.exe") appear on your desktop. Your Operating System may download it elsewhere. If you do not see it, search your computer for that file name ("myss2002free.exe").
Once you have the file, double-click on it. In the window that pops up, click upon the Browse button. In the "Browse for Folder" window, select "Desktop" and click OK. Now click upon the Unzip button (not the "Run WinZip"button). This unzips a folder ("myss2002free") onto your desktop. In that folder, please read the readmefirst.txt first.
NOTE 1: Mac owners -- you will need free software such as Stuffit Expander (V5.5 or greater) to decompress these Windows-formatted ".exe" files. If you own Expander V10 or greater, click here for help opening the file.